A potential registrant must meet all the criteria (1 to 5) listed below to be considered for admission to our medical acupuncture program,
1. Applicant must be currently licensed
2. Applicant must be a regulated health profession governed by statue or local laws
3. Acupuncture is within the scope of the applicants practice by law
4. General human musculoskeletal medicine is within the applicant’s scope of practice
5. Priof adequate training in human musculoskeletal anatomy
1. A dentist from Ontario will meet requirements of 1 to 3 above but not 4 and will not be considered.
2. A massage therapist from Manitoba does not meet the requirements of 1 to 3 and will not be considered
3. A physiotherapist from Alberta who is currently off on sick leave and has not renewed his or her license does not meet criterion 1 and will not be considered.
No exceptions will be provided
*Note: MD’s registering for the program, please state the number of MainCert, MAINPRO and AMA hours you require to practice acupuncture.
If you have any questions or concerns about the acupuncture program admission eligibility, please e-mail email@example.com
Acupuncture Treatment Program in Ancaster, ON
***Professional students in good academic standing are welcome to apply to our acupuncture treatment program in Ancaster, ON. Each student will be assessed for eligibility on an individual basis. Submission of an application does not imply acceptance. Applications will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee.
The McMaster University Medical Acupuncture Program course enrollment is restricted to licensed MDs, DCs, PTs, RMTs, OTs, RNs, Rac and RTCMP in whom acupuncture is within their scope of practice in their jurisdictions of practice.