IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A COURSE OR COURSES.
This document is a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between the McMaster University Health Sciences, Medical Acupuncture Program: An Evidence-based Approach to Traditional Chinese Medicine (the “University”), administered and provided by the Canadian Academy of Medical Acupuncture INC. (the “Provider”) and You, the course registrant (the “Registrant”)
WHEREAS the University and the Provider provide courses in the field of acupuncture;
AND WHEREAS the Registrant wishes to register in these courses, upon and subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement;
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the premises and mutual agreements contained in this Agreement and of other good and valuable consideration (the receipt and sufficiency of which are acknowledged by each party hereto), the Registrant agrees as follows:
1. The Registrant shall pay a $250.00 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit per course at the time of application for registration, which deposit shall be returned if the Registrant is not accepted into the course. Registrations not paid in full by the 60-day deadline are subject to cancellation by the Provider and the deposit will be forfeited. The cancellation policies apply to the Fundamental Level examination.
2. The cost of the non-refundable, non-transferable deposits for registration of all Fundamental Level courses or Level 1 courses (four in total) shall be $1,000.00 and for all Specialty Level courses (four in total) shall be $1,000.00. Full payment is required at the time of registration if the Registrant registers for a discounted rate (if available).
3. There shall be no liability whatsoever on the part of the Provider or McMaster University for any expenses incurred by the Registrant for any cancellation, rescheduling or restructuring of classes.
4. The Provider or the University reserves the right to cancel the courses, limit admissions, modify the contents, revise the dates, change the venues and substitute instructors without prior notice.
5. Refunds shall only be given if the Registrant provides written notice of cancellation at least 10 business days before the start of the course. There will be no refund of the initial deposit.
6. Any request by the Registrant to transfer registration from the original registered course date to another course date shall require an additional non-refundable, non-transferable administrative fee of $250.00 per course. Such requests shall be made in writing at least 10 business days before the start of the course and accompanied by the said administration fee for each course. There shall be no transfers allowed within the 10 business days before the start of the course.
7. If the Registrant has been given discounts due to early registration or special discounts for the initial registration of the entire Level or Levels, and wishes to withdraw from 1 or more courses or withdraw after taken 1 or more courses, the refund shall be calculated as the difference between the total tuition fee paid, less the full tuition fee of the course or courses taken or to be taken and any non-refundable fees.
8. If the Registrant has been given discounts due to early registration or special discounts for the initial registration of the entire Level or Levels, and wishes to transfer to another date after taken 1 or more courses, the remaining credit for the registrant shall be calculated as the difference between the total tuition fee paid, less the full tuition fee of the course or courses taken or to be taken and any non-refundable fees.
9. Attendances to Fundamental Level core courses for those registered in Fundamental Level, or Specialty Level sessions for those registered in Specialty Level, shall be mandatory.
10. There shall be no credit for incomplete work and no make up time shall be allowed past any course deadlines.
11. Any make up lecture or practical sessions permitted by the instructor will be charged at $250.00 per hour per individual.
12. A Certificate of Attendance shall not be deemed or constitute a license to practice acupuncture. It shall be the responsibility of the Registrant to consult his/her statutory regulatory bodies or College as to whether acupuncture is within the Registrant’s scope of practice and to ensure that this program fulfils the requirements of Registrant’s regulatory bodies or College for practicing acupuncture before enrolling in this program.
13. Pagers and cellular telephones or similar devices shall not be allowed in the classroom or teaching premises. Audio taping, recordings and/or videotaping are strictly prohibited.
14. The Registrant has read and understood the potential risks and complications of acupuncture. The Registrant acknowledges that he or she has no medical or health condition contraindicated to acupuncture needling to his or her body.
15. The Registrant consents to having acupuncture needle insertions to his or her body by other fellow students, teachers, or colleagues. Otherwise, the Registrant is required to bring an adult friend for other course registrants to puncture.
16. The Registrant understands that needle insertion to acupuncture points on a person is a requirement for completing the program.
17. The Registrant understands that the opinions expressed by the instructors or information on our web sites such as www.eacupuncture.ca shall not constitute a medical opinion or medical advice.
18. The Registrant acknowledges that the Providers, course instructors, staff or McMaster University hereby assumes no liability for any claims, personal injury, or damage to any individual attending this program or conference that may result from the use of technologies, program, products, acupuncture needling and/or services at this program or conference that may arise out of, or during this program or conference.
19. The Certificate of Attendance for the Fundamental Level is issued upon successful completion of Fundamental Level and the Fundamental Level comprehensive examination. The Certificate of Attendance for the entire program (Fundamental Level and Specialty Level) is issued upon successful completion of Fundamental Level and Specialty Level and the Fundamental Level comprehensive examination. No Certificate of Attendance is issued for successful completion of Specialty Level alone unless the comprehensive examination is successfully completed.
20. If any provision or provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with the law of the Province of Ontario or any jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceablity of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
21. This Agreement and any disputes in connection or arising from with this Agreement will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
The Registrant acknowledges having read this Agreement and shall be bound by all the terms and conditions herein.